Finally primed the stairs
While I was away for the week, the carpenter came by and put in a new stair using pine. It looked great and so much better than the chipboard. I did another pass to get any other staples and nails out from the stairs and applied another batch of wood filler on any other dents/holes I found.
I headed off to a paint store to get some porch paint and decided on Benjamin Moore's low sheen porch paint. They were able to match my Behr color but didn't have the sand additive for texture. So off to a Sherwin Williams store for that.
I went back and used tack cloth to try and get off most of the dust and dirt. And then started using the triple thick leveling primer. I don't if I had a bad batch but it was anything but thick. It was the thinnest primer I ever used and couldn't build up any leveling let alone even cover the stairs with it. I stirred it a ton but it never got good coverage. After 2 stairs of that crap, I went to standard water-based primer and that was much better. I made my way down and primed the rest of the stairs.
In finished up the priming and then cleaned things up for an inspection from my realtor for preparing to rent the cottage. The whole point of this endeavor is to get the place ready for rentals so I need to finish up these stairs soon.
Next week I'll sand again, spot prime any areas, and then try a coat on the treads.