Jerked around on the Jerkinhead
After putting an offer in for the Jerkinhead cottage, I waited to see what the owners would do. A few days pass, and my realtor lets me know that not only is the offer not accepted, but the entire house is being taken off the market. Its seems like the house was put up for a ploy in a divorce and after the owners got a real offer, they decided to give the house to their kids. It seemed similar to the original house on Magnolia Ave. where the sellers put the house up for sale as a ploy to stop the bank from foreclosing.
So another house bites the dust. Looking back on a year of looking for an old house in Wildwood, I've racked up 5 offers and 5 loses:
1. Magnolia Ave. #1 - seller took house off market after putting offer in due to using sale as way to stave off bank foreclosing.
2. Poplar Ave. - cash offer that lost to another seller by $500.
3. Magnolia Ave. #2 - seller rejected my initial offer then tried to resume negotiation, but sadly the seller passed away. Kids were open to negotiating, but after a second look at the house realized house was not worth the offer.
4. Juniper Ave. - seller accepted offer, then pulled out of the deal once I used a lawyer to represent me in the transaction.
5. Burk Ave. - seller took house off market after I put an offer in. Said it was due to upcoming divorce.